- Maia Brown, Oberlin College
- Morgan Carlson, The Cleveland Institute of Art
- Charisse Harris, Baldwin-Wallace College
- Amina Hassen, Oberlin College
- Andrew Kuhar, The Cleveland Institute of Art
- Erica Podwioski, Columbus College of Art and Design
The entire competition is conducted on line, with students uploading portfolios for review by judges over the Internet. Portfolios can be reviewed on the competition Web site.
Over the next several weeks, a panel of working artists, art journalists, and others from the arts community will review the on-line portfolios. Each of the award winners receives an original piece of art glass as a trophy. The Grand Award winner will receive $2,500 in addition to his or her trophy.
Past winners of the Grand Award have included Amy Rinaldi, whose sculptures and wall pieces utilized canvas, linen, concrete, wax, and ink, and Georgia Wall, a performance and installation artist. The winner will be announced on April 26 at an exhibition and ceremony at Denison University's Bryant Arts Center.