Monday, November 1, 2010

Movember is Here - Gentlemen, Start Your Growing!

When I was asked 3 years ago to shave my mustache for charity, I balked. I had taken a lot of time and effort to perfect my 'stache and here I was being asked to shave it, just to re-grow it during the month of November. In the end, I decided that this cause was well worth it considering I could be diagnosed and affected and the money raised could be the money that finds a cure. I shaved it and will continue to shave and re-grow every Movember, the month formerly known as November.

Movemeber started in 2003 in Australia with 30 guys who wanted to grow mustaches, but apparently none were man enough to grow them without a little support from others. The next year, they decided to raise money along with their growing efforts. Since they were all men, the logical charity is prostate and testicular cancer. Now, 7 years later, Movember has raised over $42 million across the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Spain, South Africa, the Netherlands and Finland.

Please click here to donate and help raise awareness for these important issues. I mean, I did shave my 'stache for this...

- Dustin A. Holfinger